We are hiring an experienced Machine Operators to join our team in Phoenix AZ all shifts! You will be responsible for operating machines and ensure excellent quality control. Responsible for the assistants & packers to ensure the proper number of units is packed in each case. The ideal candidate will have at least 3yrs experience operating and setting up machinery.
· Operate Vertical Form & Fill Machine
· Each operator is considered the team leader of their machine. They are to be aware of the level of efficiency and quality of their packers’ output
· Maintain daily production standards and thoroughly complete production reports as required
· Ensure standard operating procedures are being followed throughout
· Keep the shift and/or facility supervisor or (machine technician) if applicable, informed of any problems or potential problems regarding machinery, inventory, and/or personnel
· Able to execute daily and weekly P.M’s
· Check the units produced from the machine at the weigh station to ensure they are both the proper weights and dimension. Document this by completing the “Quality Control Report.”
· Report any major problems to the shift and/or facility supervisor.
· Ensure the machines are cleaned thoroughly at the end of each shift
· Responsible for Preventive Maintenance
- Previous experience in operating and setting up machines
- Familiarity with manufacturing plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
· Ability to display leadership mentality with colleagues
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Hiring for the following shifts, Monday-Friday must be flexible to work Saturdays:
1st 2nd 3rd
Qualified? Apply today!
A third-generation family operated business, Pelton Shepherd Industries has been on the cutting edge of cold chain supply technology for more than 70 years.