The purpose of the Plasma Burn Associate is to operate a CNC plasma table or torch to cut parts from metal to supply raw material parts to be fabricated into the product throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· This position is responsible for identifying different grades of material with the ability to accurately read measuring tools and perform lifting using an overhead crane and/or forklift
· Set up and operate a plasma burn table as well as the torch.
· Other duties may include: saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, and/or straighten metal
· Operate basic measuring equipment (tape measure or calipers)
· At the time you may de-burr cut material using a grinder as required
· Responsible for identifying material by grade and size
· Safe operation of material handling equipment (forklift & overhead crane)
· Adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices.
· Performing daily/weekly audits including 5(6)S, product quality, system quality, process, ISO 9001, BBSO, etc.
· Any other duties that fall within the employee’s capabilities.
· Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected.
· Long periods of standing and walking may also be expected in this position.
Exposure to typical manufacturing areas may be required and will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes and mandatory hearing protection.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· High School Diploma or GED
· Work involves high degree of attention to detail
· Previous plasma burn table experience is encouraged but not required. Previous Oxy-Fuel or Flame cutting experience a plus.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Previous use of shop math and proficiency with a tape measure is required.
· Ability to read blueprints or cut sheets.
· Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
· Candidates must have verifiable employment history in similar positions.
· Candidates must have a clean background to be considered for employment.
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
Since its founding in 1991, Ameri-Force has become the trusted staffing services provider for multiple industries, gaining a reputation second to none. Ameri-Force has gained its stellar reputation by putting thousands of qualified & skilled people to work with companies throughout the United States. Our clients have included major organizations in several verticals including: ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
In 2009 Ameri-Force became part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) with the company being turned over 100% to its employees. Ameri-Force team members truly own their own future and the destiny of the company is determined wholly by their actions, determination, and ingenuity.