Tax Professional -
What you'll do...
As you inspire people to make confident, informed decisions about their lives, careers, and money, you'll build client relationships that will grow stronger every year.
Joining H&R Block as an experienced, seasonal Tax Professional means you'll serve clients with diverse tax needs and you'll have the support of an expert team, dedicated to providing you with advanced tax training you'll need to be successful.
H&R Block is the industry's largest consumer tax services provider* and we have been focused on client service for over 60 years. When you join our team, you'll find that we're here to live our purpose - to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
Day to day, you'll
- Conduct tax interviews with clients face to face and through virtual tools - video conferencing, phone, chat, email
- Prepare complete and accurate tax returns
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer additional products and services
- Provide clients with IRS audit support
- Mentor and support teammates
- Experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
- Experience completing individual returns
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort working with virtual tools - video conferencing and chat
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or equivalent
- Must complete 18-hour continuing education requirement and meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or Enrolled Agent certification
- Experience completing complex returns (individual, trust, partnership)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
- Experience conducting virtual tax interviews
- Tax planning and audit support experience
- Sales and/or marketing experience
No Experience doing taxes……We offer classes to start you on a great career path
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
*Based on annual revenues for sales of tax preparation products and services.
About H&R Block...
We are here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company - one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
At H&R Block, we provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to this purpose since the beginning when brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded the company in 1955. In that time, we’ve prepared more than 800 million tax returns. And we’ve grown to have company-owned and franchise retail locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, on U.S. military bases internationally and around the world.
Location/Region: Tuckerton, NJ